Tuesday, 28 May 2013

Tues 28 th may

Well Harry's fun day at Swithen's Farm was truly amazing! Lots of our friends went. Even a friend we haven't seen since university in 1997, came with his boy as they have moved not too far away! We were so very touched and moved by the day. Harry and Callum had a ball. Quite a few of their Otley friends came too, so they were made up to have their friends to play with. Police cars, fire engines, minutes horses came too, entertains the children. Harry loved the police car and showed the others which button started the sirens!
The balloon release at the end was very emotional and poignant and nearly had us all in tears! Some of the balloons have landed in Derbyshire and Worcestershire!
We would like to say a massive thank you to the organisers and everyone who came whom made it a day to remember!
Harry has been in school last week. He has been getting more leg pain and has developed a very evident limp.
Harry had his Go karting party on Sunday, kindly donated by F1 Go karting in York. Harry and 11 friends immensely enjoyed the hour of racing. We then went up the Ferris wheel in York, which gave spectacular views over the city. The weather was perfect, sunny and a very blue sky! We rounded the day off at The National Railway Museum and met some of Harry's friends up which was lovely.
Yesterday - Monday Harry's pain had increased and we have had open the oral morphine. This eased the pain and Harry enjoyed a fun afternoon at The Ship Inn, in Horbury, whereby they were having a Fun Day. Harry made friends with a boy called Cameron and he sang a song to Harry on karaoke, which was so touching!
Harry awoke today hardly being able to walk due to pain. We have been in touch with our McMillan nurse re pain management and we have increased the oral morphine. Hopefully it'll ease the pain and enable us to get out and about this half term.
I have told Harry that he still has cancerous cells in his body, today Harry made the connection himself that the cancerous cells were causing his leg pain.
We can no longer deny that this horrible disease is taking over Harry's body. We came back from center parcs with hope that he would remain well for weeks or months more, but we can only take one day at a time.
All I can say is we are so glad that we have been earnestly building up our memory box for the past 2 months and whatever happens we have some fab memories away from LGI!

No comments:

Post a Comment